PRIVACY NOTICE for pupils in schools, early years settings, alternative provision and pupil referral units
Privacy Notice - Data Protection Act 1998
We, St Nicolas C E Junior School, are the Data Controller for the purposes of the Data Protection Act. We collect information from you, and may receive information about you from your previous school. We hold this personal data and use it to:
- support your teaching and learning;
- monitor and report on your progress;
- provide appropriate pastoral care, and
- assess how well your school is doing.
This information includes your contact details, national curriculum assessment results, attendance information, characteristics such as ethnic group, special educational needs and any relevant medical information.
We will not give information about you to anyone outside the school without your consent unless the law and our rules permit it. We are required by law to pass some of your information to the Local Authority (LA), and the Department for Education.
If you want to see a copy of the information we hold and share about you then please contact School Office staff.
If you require more information about how the LA and/or DCSF store and use this data please go to the following websites:
- http://www.westberks.gov.uk/x?articleid=10202 and
If you are unable to access these websites, please contact the LA or theDFE as follows:
- Systems Research & Information Team
Children & Young People
West Berkshire Council
tel: 01635 519061
- Public Communications Unit
Department for Education
Great Smith Street
tel: 0870 000 2288.
School Workforce: those employed to teach, or otherwise engaged to work at, a school or a local authority
Data Protection Act 1998: How we use your information
We process personal data relating to those we employ to work at, or otherwise engage work at, our school. This is for employment purposes to assist in the running of the school and/or to enable individuals to be paid. The collection of this information will benefit both national and local users by:
- Improving the management of workforce data across the sector
- Enabling development of a comprehensive picture of the workforce and how it is deployed
- Informing the development of recruitment and retention policies
- Allowing better financial modeling and planning
- Enabling ethnicity and disability monitoring; and
- Supporting the work of the School Teachers’ Review Body.
This personal data includes identifiers such as name and National Insurance numbers and characteristics such as ethnic group, employment contracts and remuneration details, qualifications and absence information.
We will not share information about you with third parties without your consent unless the law allows us to. We are required, by law, to pass on some of this personal data to:
- Our local authority
- the Department for Education (DfE)
If you require more information about how we and/or DfE store and use your personal data please go to the following websites:
- www.westberks.gov.uk/dataprotection and
If you want to see a copy of information about you that we hold, please contact:
The Data Protection Team
Strategic Support – West Berkshire Council
Telephone: 01635 519817