St. Nicolas C.E. (Aided) Junior School supports, challenges and encourages each person to achieve their full potential, in a safe, caring and Christian environment, where everyone is valued and respected.
Love your neighbour as you love yourself. - Matthew 22:39
We aim to do this through:
- Nurturing success through high expectations and a high level of challenge for all.
- Providing high quality teaching through a broad, balanced, internationally focused curriculum, which promotes lifelong learning.
- Creating confident, independent and self motivated learners.
- Encouraging positive self esteem, respect for others and self-discipline.
- Fostering a sense of enjoyment of learning and stimulating a curiosity and respect for the world around us.
- Involving parents in their children’s learning
- Promoting and supporting emotional and physical wellbeing.
- Creating an inclusive learning community, where diversity is celebrated.
- Taking an active role in the local and wider communities and sharing in the Christian community of St Nicolas parish.
- Providing opportunities in Collective Worship, R.E. and the whole school curriculum for children’s spirituality to grow.